Tulsa Chorale is seeking a new Artistic Director who will continue to propel the chorale to new heights of outstanding choral achievements. The successful candidate will be the chorale’s fourth AD in its 30 years and will build on the success of leaders who have shaped Tulsa Chorale into one of the top fine arts organizations in Oklahoma. The new AD must share our Mission, Vision, and Values.
Tulsa Chorale has adapted to pandemic challenges by staying connected with its singers and audiences through online and in person rehearsals and performances. We are looking for a person who not only has great choral musicianship, but who will also maintain and build on relationships with donors and collaborate with other fine arts organizations as we emerge from the pandemic.
- Create programming for 3-4 concerts each season which will challenge the chorale and engage audiences
- Conduct weekly rehearsals scheduled 7:00 – 9:30pm on Monday nights in Tulsa
- Conduct rolling auditions for new members
- Maintain cordial relations with the chorale, board, partners, and donors
- Attend monthly Board meetings as a voting member, including a report of current matters
- Supervise the Assistant Director and Accompanist
- Supervise the marketing manager, sharing vision and participating as needed with local media outlets, website content, social media and other forms of communications
- Assist with the budgeting process
- Hire and negotiate fees for soloists and instrumentalists
Education: Advanced degree in music with an emphasis in choral conducting or equivalent conducting experience. DMA preferred.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years conducting classical repertoire ranging from a cappella to full symphonic accompaniment
Please apply at www.tulsachorale.org/career/
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled, with applications submitted by June 1, 2022 given priority.
Applicant should include a letter of interest or a 1-2 minute video introduction, a resume, a listing of recent concert program repertoire, three references, and a link to YouTube video(s) showcasing the applicant.