Audience Development Manager
Baltimore Choral Arts is seeking a full- time Audience Development Manager that handles Marketing, PR/Communications, Box Office, Event Planning, and administrative duties and reports to the Executive Director.
Founded in 1956, the Baltimore Choral Arts Society is one of Maryland's premier cultural institutions. The Symphonic Chorus, Chorus, and Chamber Singers perform throughout the Mid-Atlantic region, as well as in Washington, D.C., New York, and in Europe. Music Director Anthony Blake Clark has established new, large-scale collaborative performances with Maryland Institute College of Art, Maryland State Boychoir, and Peabody Youth Orchestra. In January of 2020, Choral Arts went on its first tour of England, with a prestigious invitation to perform with the City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra.
The Audience Development Manager will be responsible for all Box Office operations, including:
- Serve as Box Office Manager at all performances and process all ticket orders
- Implement the subscription renewal and new prospect campaigns
- Email and mail all purchased tickets
- Manage ticketing software WinTix
- Create weekly sales reports
Marketing and Public Relations:
- Oversee marketing budget and create marketing plan for each season
- Contact media outlets for news coverage
- Maintain media and arts leader contact list for communications
- Oversee Group Sales campaign and manage program book ad sales
- Create digital program books for each subscription concert and runout events
- Write and distribute press releases and promotional materials
- Maintain the Baltimore Choral Arts social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- Create and send Eblasts with audience development initiatives to promote performances
- Create and edit video content of musical performances and spotlight interviews
- Track social media and website analytics
- Maintain and manage the Baltimore Choral Arts website
- Serve as the main contact for Choral Arts’ contracted graphic designers and website developer
- Assist in arranging logistics for The Choral Arts Gala annual fundraiser, including soliciting auction items, managing the virtual silent auction, designing promotional materials, managing the invitation list, ordering supplies, etc.
- Maintain archival records of BCAS (press clips, advertising samples, programs, promotional materials, etc.)
- Assist in writing and proofreading written materials
- Assist the Executive Director with administrative tasks, including scheduling meetings, creating Board manuals, prepare and copy reports, etc.
- Assist the Music Director by coordinating and scheduling chorus auditions, copying music for chorus members and other duties
- Order office supplies as needed
The Audience Development Manager will also perform other duties as needed. It is understood that there will be occasional evening and weekend work required as part of the job responsibilities.
- Strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and time management skills required
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and achieve deadlines under pressure
- Ability to stay focused while working from home
- Strong communication and customer service skills; writing and proofreading
- Excellent computer and analytical skills
- Proficient in MS Office suite, especially Excel
- Good analytical skills and sound judgment
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Experience with database systems a plus
- Experience working in an arts or non-profit organization a plus
This is a full-time position with a generous benefits package. Work is partly remote, partly in the office.
Annual Salary Range $35,000 to $40,000.
To apply please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Baltimore Choral Arts Society
1316 Park Ave.
$35,000 to $40,000
Send letter and resume to Jack@BaltimoreChoralArts.org