General Manager- Part-Time (partially remote)
Title- Assabet Valley Mastersingers General Manager
Part-time work-at-home contract position (about 8-10 hrs/week as needed; annual contract $10,000)
The General Manager (GM) works collaboratively in partnership with the Artistic Director, the Operations Chair, volunteers, and the Assabet Valley Mastersingers (AVM) Executive Board Chair relative to facilitating and implementing the organization’s mission and objectives. Actual hours worked may vary considerably from week to week based on AVM performance schedule and timing of events. The GM needs to be available onsite for 3 concert weekends for performances in Shrewsbury, Southborough, Westborough, or Marlborough. The GM needs to be a self-starter who is dynamic, organized, and with high interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of volunteers.
- Fosters and maintains a robust volunteer corps that includes not just vocalists but former vocalists, spouses, and members of the community at large
- Assists the Operations Chair and Membership Chair to recruit volunteers
- Supports volunteers’ efforts to get the best they have to offer
Maintains and provides oversight of a comprehensive task calendar to ensure timely completion by volunteers of the tasks below:
- Complete rehearsal and concert venue contracts
- Coordinates Front of House at all concerts and special events
- Assists volunteer(s) with Concert Program layout/production, concert venue setup
- Advises and assists Operations Chair
- Works with designees of the Executive Board to improve policies and procedures and to retain in the AVM digital repository of policies and procedures for AVM operations.
- Advise and assist volunteers who perform:
- Website design and maintenance
- Audio/video recording
- Tech support for Marketing and Production of print media
- Data Base management (for member, donor, sponsor data)
Financial Performance and Fund-raising:
- Advises committee that oversees the annual fund-raising drives
- Assists with special events and fundraisers
- Works with the Artistic Director and Treasurer to develop and track the annual AVM budget and the endowment campaign
- Advises and assists with tasks related to concert publicity including distribution of publicity materials including establishing timelines for such distribution.
- Advises on and assists with implementation of marketing strategies related to the overall organization for social media outreach
- Enhances AVM’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations.
- Provides a monthly status report to the Board Chair related to the contracted scope of work.
- Meets monthly with the Board Chair or its designee and the Artistic Director to review accomplishments for the past month and outstanding issues, etc. and planned scope of work for the coming month
- Provides a quarterly report to the board prior to attending quarterly board meetings as an ex officio member. The quarterly report will contain all information necessary for the board to make informed decisions.
Services will also include any other tasks upon which the Parties may agree.
- A bachelor’s degree.
- Transparent and high integrity working style
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to help volunteers produce their very best.
- High level strategic thinking and planning.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with staff.
- Solid organizational abilities, including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation.
- Strong financial management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision making and reporting.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
- Nonprofit management experience preferred.
- Experience and skill in working with a Board of Directors preferred.
$10,000 Annual- Flexible schedule 8-10 hours weekly
Send Cover letter and resume to email@example.com