Executive Director - Choral Artistry
The Executive Director of Choral Artistry requires varied skill sets and works closely with the Board and the Artistic Director to advance the mission and vision of the ensemble. This innovative, creative, and motivated individual will report to the Board and serve as an ex-officio. The four areas which require his/her/their leadership are communication, fundraising, marketing, and event management.
• Serve as point person for the ensemble with media, business organizations, arts organization
partners, and the community’s education system
• Maintain internal and external communications regarding calendar, including accuracy of the
material on the website
• Manage the organization’s media relations and social media outlets
• Lead development efforts with donors and grants, including writing and submitting grant
proposals and reports
• Work with Artistic Director and the concert management teams to promote events
• Attend all Board meetings as ex-officio member, and as needed attend subcommittee
meetings, to fulfill duties and maintain communication
• A Bachelor's degree
• Excellent communication skills, both in writing and in speaking
• Record of success writing grants
• Social media marketing skills
• Knowledge of choral music
• Three or more years of experience in similar work
• Experience in donor development with not-for-profit organizations
• Previous experience in marketing in Southwest Florida
About Choral Artistry:
Choral artistry is a highly select, auditioned professional core community chorus under the Artistic Direction of Dr. Trent R. Brown. Our members come from Fort Myers, Naples, Bonita Springs, Cape Coral, and surrounding areas. The ensemble performs a wide variety of choral music, and collaborates regularly with community organizations including FGCU, Opera Naples, the Southwest Florida Symphony Orchestra, and more. Visit choralartistry.org to learn more.
The Symphonic Chorale of Southwest Florida does not discriminate on the grounds of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, veteran status, or disability.
The Symphonic Chorale DBA Choral Artistry is an independent 501 (c)3 non-profit corporation.
Choral Artistry anticipates this role to require between 15-20 hours of work per week, on average.
• $16000-24000 based on experience, qualifications, and education
• Submit a CV and cover letter addressing the position to Contact@ChoralArtistry.org by
September 6, 2022.
• Candidates will interview with a small search committee from the Board and finalists may be
asked to meet with the full board prior to hiring.
• Priority review of applications prior to August 31st
.• Approximate expected start date: October 1st